Miracle Mile district, Los Angeles, CA
We’re looking for a stellar designer who thrives on creating top notch artwork for popular consumption in a very small window of time—again and again ... with passion!
We are Frontiers, SoCal’s LBGT publication of record, over 32 years strong and going through an exciting rebirth. If you flourish delivering polished designs, playing well with others, problem solving and holding up under fire, we invite you to be a key component of our relaunch.
A majority of your daily art challenges will be creating editorial layout for the print magazine and one-off publications. Time will also be devoted to the development of identity, branding, marketing and events materials. There will be web design needs and as always, surprises along the way. Although we are absolutely inclusive, our primary print audience skews gay male. We deliver news, entertainment and pop culture in various platforms with digestible ingenuity, intelligence, fun and sometimes sass. If you shine in this environment, please contact us with a resume and portfolio URL.
**** This position is primarily editorial layout design ****
**** Quark 6.5 essential ****
- Conceptualize and execute layouts and special sections under tight deadlines
- Seamlessly blend copy and images to create visually dynamic and intuitive designs in the style of the magazine
- Deliver press ready documents
- Work with Creative Director, Associate Art Director, Graphic Designer and Editors on all phases of production
- Generate and/or direct in-house designers in creation of materials related to identity, branding, promotional, marketing, events and advertising, both print and digital
- Design elements for web, digital newsletters, social media and miscellaneous digital needs
- Trouble shoot art related production and software glitches
- Talent and creativity
- Works well in groups and independently
- Sophisticated type and design sense
- Quick turn around
- Strong work ethic
- Open to critique and able to follow direction
- Able to multi task and focus under pressure
- Eye for detail and the obscure
- Strong Communication skills
- Cooperative and enthusiastic
- Mac platform Quark 6.5, Creative Suite 5.5, MS Office/Keynote, etc.
- Advanced understanding of printing and production processes.
- Web design skills and CMS experience a BIG, BIG plus.
- Ability to manage time and workload
- Must have portfolio showcasing editorial layout or similar design.
- Minimum of five years design experience in layout.
- Able to art direct a wide range of projects from print to multi-media
Position is full-time:
- Office hours are Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. with one hour for lunch.
- Extra hours in the evening or weekends will be required when the workload dictates.
To apply for this position, please submit resume and links to firstname.lastname@example.org
See sample layouts below.
Position: Integrated Media Account Manager
Job Location: Miracle Mile district, Los Angeles, CA
Job Duration: Full Time
The Integrated Media Account Manager will be responsible for interactive advertising and sponsorship revenue sales. The position is responsible for proactive engagement with clients and potential clients as well as keeping up-to-date on trends, issues and opportunities in the market.
Specific Duties and Areas of Focus:
- Develop advertising and sponsorship revenue for Frontiers Magazine and FrontiersLA.com in accounts, agencies and territory to meet assigned annual revenue target.
- Develop presentations and sponsorship concepts by working with management and creative teams to meet clients' needs as well as revenue goals.
- Manage the sales process from beginning to end—from prospecting to proposal & presentation, close, campaign implementation (in conjunction with digital and print ad ops) through post-campaign analysis.
- Other key duties as assigned
- 2+ years in ONLINE ad sales or digital advertising agency experience
- Must be proficient in identifying and establishing prospect lists
- Must be a problem solver and creative thinker able to develop sales solutions based on customers' needs
- Must be proficient in developing client proposals/presentations
- Must have excellent communication skills in all environments—email, phone and face-to-face.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Ideally the candidate will possess:
- Strong sales skills with a proven track record
- Exceptional organization skills
- Self motivated with strong team ideals
- Knowledge of medium, the product, the market, the competition, the agencies and/or clients
To apply for this position, please contact email@example.com