Art Walk, that second-Thursday-of-every-month jamboree of booze hounds and gallerinas, is the perfect excuse to re-acquaint yourself with Downtown L.A. The streets are jam-packed with bustling urbanites and the ratio of homeless to hipster is 1:75. Granted, no one will be enforcing a dress code, but I think we can agree it’s always a good idea to dress for an occasion.
Now, I’m not suggesting you don a silk-screened skeleton-print onesie from the Halloween Superstore (though that could totally work), but I do believe we can borrow a few clues from Jake Gyllenhaal in the title role of 2001’s Donnie Darko to assemble the perfect look for a night of broody, artistic downtowning.
1. Charcoal and black striped kangaroo hoody, $62, us.topman.com
3. Rick Owens Drk Shdw Detroit-cut jeans, $520, ssense.com
4. Anatomical skeleton shirt, $19.99, thinkgeek.com
5. Diesel digital watch #dz7118, $142, finebrandwatches.com
8. Chuck Taylor leather high-top sneakers, $70, converse.com
2. Redken OutPlay texture putty, $17, drugstores nationwide
6. St. Bart's boxer by Andrew Christian, $27, andrewchristianshop.com
7. Bang by Marc Jacobs, $55.90, ultrafragrances.com
9. 3-pack low cut men’s skull socks, $8.95, sockbroker.com